From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: widget macros (ticket #138)
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2012 15:36:22 GMT
On 11/19/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
> First I would like to check if I understand this correctly.
> So, this means that a user can embed widgets from dashboard in wiki pages
> or ticket descriptions?

anywhere WikiFormatting is supported , yes . Widgets are enhanced
macros in first place.

> I do not se any problems with this at the moment

cool

> but, this can not be a
> substitute for user customizable dashboard.
> We still need to provide fully customizable dashboard

+1
for the moment think of it like the replacement to TicketQuery et al.
as we use it today on i.a.o . It looks weird to me that we were able
to customize those views and we can not embed a similar widget in a
wiki page when we need it .

> and compared to that
> I see this macros as lower priority feature.

The fact is that some work is needed to finish custom dashboards
support and it's going to take a while until such solution will be
implemented , reviewed and committed . OTOH the patches in #138 and
#139 are ready to go .

--
Regards,

Olemis.