From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject [BEP-0004] Replace WikiMacros with widgets WAS: [Apache Bloodhound] Proposals/BEP-0004 added
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 17:51:51 GMT
BEP is looking good , very good indeed for start
:)

There's something I do like to mention . When discussing what will be
developed I suggest to replace references to WikiMacros by considering
Bloodhound widgets instead .

The reason is that widgets are superior in the sense that they can be
used in other contexts (e.g. dashboard , Genshi templates , ... )
besides WikiMacros , and if one such widget needs to be embedded using
WikiFormatting then Widget macro (see #138) will be at hand .

I'll suggest some specific modifications below

On 11/22/12, Apache Bloodhound <bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:
> Page "Proposals/BEP-0004" was added by andrej
[...]
> === Resource Query  macro
>
> Similar to existing TracQuery, New macro must be introduced to enable access
> to Resource Query from Wiki.

[...]

=== Resource Query  widget #widget

Similar to existing TicketQuery widget, New widget must be introduced
to enable access to Resource Query from the dashboard and it should
also be possible to embed it in Genshi templates as well as other
parts of the user interface powered by WikiFormatting (e.g. wiki
pages) .

PS: I have some other comments on this subject , but they deserve
separate discussion threads .

--
Regards,

Olemis.