From Olemis Lang <>
Subject Re: widget macros (ticket #138)
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 04:29:16 GMT
On 11/15/12, Gary Martin <> wrote:
> Hi,

> We have an old work item that appears not to have been discussed here.
> For some reason it was considered controversial so I thought I would
> bring it up here in order to decide how far to take it.

Thanks for restarting the discussion once again.

> Effectively this would provide the ability for users to create their own
> dashboards - whether or not that is what we want to see is an
> interesting question,

... even if users could do this I wonder whether this is a strong
reason for not including WidgetMacro .

> but it seems more likely that people would just
> make use of them on a more ad hoc basis.

Exactly the macro serves to many other purposes . If widgets are and
advanced implementation of WikiMacros and it's possible already to use
the later together with WikiProcessors then I don't see a reason for
not having WikiMacro installed .

> I'll avoid advocating a particular decision too early as it would be
> good to get some opinions and you may be able to change my mind on this
> issue.

Simple use case . We have two tables listing the results of ticket
queries in BloodhoundContributing and BEP 3 wiki pages . Nonetheless
we cannot embed our own version in there and are forced to reuse
TicketQuery macro. It'd be nice to make it look like the widget we
already use in the dashboard . That's what WikiMacro is for ... among
many other things .

Blog ES:
Blog EN:

Featured article: