From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: widget macros (ticket #138)
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 15:16:28 GMT
> On 19/11/12 15:36, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> On 11/19/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
>>> First I would like to check if I understand this correctly.
>>> So, this means that a user can embed widgets from dashboard in wiki
>>> pages
>>> or ticket descriptions?
>>>
>> anywhere WikiFormatting is supported , yes . Widgets are enhanced
>> macros in first place.
>>
>>> I do not se any problems with this at the moment
>> cool
>>
>>> but, this can not be a
>>> substitute for user customizable dashboard.
>>> We still need to provide fully customizable dashboard
>> +1
>> for the moment think of it like the replacement to TicketQuery et al.
>> as we use it today on i.a.o . It looks weird to me that we were able
>> to customize those views and we can not embed a similar widget in a
>> wiki page when we need it .
>
> I don't see that it is weird not to be able to do this.

I could find the right word ...

> The advantage is
> if we bring enhancements to the existing functionality. At the moment,
> in terms of TicketQuery vs Widget(TicketQuery, ...) we bring certain
> improvements but not all the functionality yet.

what's missing

> At some point, once we get feature parity, we could consider overriding
> TicketQuery so that it uses Widget(TicketQuery,...) instead.

fwiw it's possible to have TicketQueryWidget( ... ) rather than
Widget(TicketQuery, ...) . In general , <WidgetName>Widget( ... ) vs
Widget(<WidgetName>, ...)

> Anyway, I'll try to commit the work soon and see where we are as it
> seems to be providing less controversy now given that discussion on this
> was limited.

thanks .
I look forward to implement further improvements .

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/