From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Datamodel and data consistency
Date Sun, 04 Nov 2012 04:02:53 GMT
> On 2 November 2012 06:42, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 11/1/12, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:

[...]
>> > I think I
>> > worked out why we ended up with products using the full name. It is to
>> > do with the way that Trac's main ticket fields use the name field to
>> > specify the resources from other tables.

Now I recall

[...]
>> > I have ignored the issue of how information is displayed
>>
>> yes , that's what it seems .
>>
>> > so this is not
>> > really enough for to adapting other resources to use immutable keys.
>> > Any
>> > thoughts on these changes?
>> >

>> so far looking good , but key + label in select controls is really
>> nice to have .
>>

> I was also thinking this but I think those patches will probably be a good
> enough starting point so I will commit those soon.

yes , of course ;)

> When I was looking at that possibility I was considering adding a
> dictionary alongside the options adjusted above in trac/trac/ticket/api.py
> to provide a mapping to what the label should be.

are you talking of field.options mapping present in select fields

> It would seem that we
> would have to override the way that such fields are pre-rendered.

afaics in order to add value + label in combobox for ticket select
field it's needed to . Target markup is rendered in Genshi template
rather than request handler (i.e. python code) which is the case for
field.rendered .

> I suppose
> that we should do that anyway as the ${field.rendered} values in the
> bh_ticket_box.html template result in links to the custom query instead of
> the dashboard style view for example.

IMO we could get such things done by using request filters , e.g.
using __modify_* methods in theme plugin , or maybe in a component
inside multi-product plugin .

--
Regards,

Olemis.