From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Whitelabeling: Documentation
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 16:46:06 GMT
On 11/14/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
> This is in part already covered and implemented by
> https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/85
> A couple of observations:
>
> 1. Currently this does not happen automatically when a new environment is
> created. Any reason against it? If not we should probably open a new ticket
> for this.

It happens in BH installer ... but maybe it's ok to make it work the
way you suggest .

> 2. This only covers wiki pages, links from UI still point to old wikis.
>      Example 1: When a TracError is handled on UI a link to old "TracGuide"
> is rendered
>      Example 2: On the bottom of ticket page "TracTckets" is referenced

You are right . What shall we do ?

>      Some of this are in BH code and some in Trac.
>      We should at least fix instances in BH code.

If you come up with something keeping all the pieces altogether in a
consistent manner I'm ok with whatever you suggest ;)

> Can we do some kind of
> script that would "fix" Trac code on installation or something?
>      Automatically upgrading the wikis is precondition for this.

There are many ways to fix Trac code without actually applying a patch
against its source code . In this particular case , at least for
informative messages in wiki pages my suggestion is to determine
inside _modify_* methods (theme plugin) whether Trac* or Guide/* pages
are installed . Based on this pass some data to the BH templates to
choose the correct wiki page and render the link .

... feel free to get this done the way you consider more appropriate ,
but please , at least for links in help messages , do not patch Trac
source code. There's no need to .

--
Regards,

Olemis.