From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #110: Use product prefix in ticket queries
Date Sat, 03 Nov 2012 05:16:47 GMT
On 11/2/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Apache Bloodhound <
> bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:

[...]
>>  r1404931 adds the possibility of trac referring to a field other than
>> the
>>  resource.name
>>
>>  r1404932 changes the field that tickets use to refer to products from
>> name
>>  to prefix - this includes a database migration for any tickets that are
>>  already using products
>>

> I wanted to discuss model changes together with multiproduct features
> and enhancements:
> If we are putting the product prefix in search and/or url, we would need to
> make sure reports and url for a ticket do not break if ticket is moved to
> another product. This can no longer be solved by a simple many-to-one
> relationship.

At least at the moment it seems there's no need to do so ... afaics .
Ticket ID is still the primary key . Even if multiproduct is installed
/ enabled ticket will still be identified by the same ID .

Many-to-one relationship should not matter (too much) as it's external
. AFAICS only a single redirect from
http://server.com/path/to/bloodhound/ticket/123 onto
http://server.com/path/to/bloodhound/product/product1/ticket/123 might
be useful (but definitely not required) . This should be implemented
using request filters or similar mechanisms .

IMO there's no big deal to worry about this particular subject
;)

--
Regards,

Olemis.