From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BEP-0003: Database schema changes (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] Proposals/BEP-0003 modified)
Date Wed, 21 Nov 2012 17:08:35 GMT
On 11/19/12, Jure Zitnik <jure@digiverse.si> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I updated the BEP-0003 with a (relatively short) draft proposal of
> database schema changes required to support multi-product as a first
> class citizen in Bloodhound, mostly to start the conversation on this
> topic.

[...]

Well , I'd suggest not to touch Trac tables for the moment , specially
if we want to continue merging changes from Trac trunk into vendor
branch .

IMO we should consider adding multi-product schema maybe working
side-by-side together with Trac's ... maybe not ... and refactor Trac
code to use DAO in such a way we can override data access layer and
make it product-aware while all other business-specific layers on top
of it will still work .

I mentioned this in a separate thread but IMO that discussion should
take place in this thread .

For the moment I've sent a request for comments [1]_ to trac-dev to
explore how much feasible migration to DAO will be . If there's
possitive feedback then it will be great news because we'll be able to
move forward with DB enhancements we need and still merge changes from
Trac trunk .

.. [1] [RFC] DB access rewritten using DAO or alike. WAS: [BEP-0003]
Request to reject /ticket/<product prefix>/<sequence ID> routes
        (http://old.nabble.com/-RFC--DB-access-rewritten-using-DAO-or-alike.-WAS%3A--BEP-0003--Request-to-reject--ticket-%3Cproduct-prefix%3E-%3Csequence-ID%3E-routes-to34705110.html)

--
Regards,

Olemis.