From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Datamodel and data consistency
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 10:48:21 GMT
On 2 November 2012 06:42, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/1/12, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >

> :)
>
> > I'm afraid that I couldn't bring myself to wait for next week.
>
> heh !
> :)
>
> > I think I
> > worked out why we ended up with products using the full name. It is to
> > do with the way that Trac's main ticket fields use the name field to
> > specify the resources from other tables. We could of course change the
> > schema to respect this convention but, as we might consider other
> > changes to immutable fields, we could introduce a change like this to
> > core Trac:
> >
> [...]
> >
> > I have ignored the issue of how information is displayed
>
> yes , that's what it seems .
>
> > so this is not
> > really enough for to adapting other resources to use immutable keys. Any
> > thoughts on these changes?
> >

> so far looking good , but key + label in select controls is really
> nice to have .

I was also thinking this but I think those patches will probably be a good
enough starting point so I will commit those soon.

When I was looking at that possibility I was considering adding a
dictionary alongside the options adjusted above in trac/trac/ticket/api.py
to provide a mapping to what the label should be. It would seem that we
would have to override the way that such fields are pre-rendered. I suppose
that we should do that anyway as the ${field.rendered} values in the
bh_ticket_box.html template result in links to the custom query instead of
the dashboard style view for example.

Cheers,
    Gary