From Matevz Bradac <mate...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Genshi XHTML + HTML 5
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 21:02:02 GMT
Hi,

I'm having some issues with converting the doctype to HTML5, any help
is appreciated.
Basically I've modified all the BH templates, but the doctype still
came up as XHTML strict.
I've tracked the problem to trac's template rendering, which seems to
force XHTML without any
regard to what's actually specified in the template - the offending
function is Chrome's render_template()
in web/chrome.py.

I tried to override this behaviour by prepending a DocTypeInserter
filter to the stream, but that doesn't
work either - the doctype from trac always comes first in line, and
any subsequent doctypes are ignored
by the serializer.

Would it be possible to do this in the post processing phase, i.e.
IRequestFilter's post_process_request()?
If not, is there any way of overriding trac's behaviour without
modifying trac itself?

--
matevz

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Matevz Bradac <matevzb@gmail.com> wrote:
> So I suppose we should first focus on cleaning up the current
> situation and then move on to #217.
> If agreed, I'll open a new ticket for the cleanup and start working on
> that first.
>
> --
> matevz
>
> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 9:46 AM, Joe Dreimann
> <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> To my knowledge all relevant browsers (including IE6 etc) will display HTML 5 pages
(using quirks mode), more information here: