From Matevz Bradac <mate...@gmail.com>
Subject Genshi XHTML + HTML 5
Date Sun, 25 Nov 2012 19:07:13 GMT
Hi,

I've started working on #217 - "Make Bloodhound's layout responsive",
based on Joe's html mockup of the ticket page (#240).
I noticed that the HTML output contains a mix of HTML 5 along with
XHTML 1.0, even though the doctype is XHTML 1.0 strict.
As a consequence (some of) the pages don't validate (e.g.
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/240),
and this may be the cause of browsers (mis)behaving and rendering
things differently.

Is there any general consensus which doctype BH should use? Since
we're using Bootstrap I suppose it would be better to go along
with HTML 5, but I'm not sure how this affects the templating system.
There's a Genshi extension which could be used
(http://code.google.com/p/genshihtml5),
does anyone have any experience with that?

Cheers,
matevz