From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: widget macros (ticket #138)
Date Thu, 29 Nov 2012 13:12:28 GMT
On 19/11/12 15:36, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 11/19/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
>> First I would like to check if I understand this correctly.
>> So, this means that a user can embed widgets from dashboard in wiki pages
>> or ticket descriptions?
>>
> anywhere WikiFormatting is supported , yes . Widgets are enhanced
> macros in first place.
>
>> I do not se any problems with this at the moment
> cool
>
>> but, this can not be a
>> substitute for user customizable dashboard.
>> We still need to provide fully customizable dashboard
> +1
> for the moment think of it like the replacement to TicketQuery et al.
> as we use it today on i.a.o . It looks weird to me that we were able
> to customize those views and we can not embed a similar widget in a
> wiki page when we need it .

I don't see that it is weird not to be able to do this. The advantage is
if we bring enhancements to the existing functionality. At the moment,
in terms of TicketQuery vs Widget(TicketQuery, ...) we bring certain
improvements but not all the functionality yet.

At some point, once we get feature parity, we could consider overriding
TicketQuery so that it uses Widget(TicketQuery,...) instead.

Anyway, I'll try to commit the work soon and see where we are as it
seems to be providing less controversy now given that discussion on this
was limited.

Cheers,
     Gary