From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Improved Search Architecture - Query Results View and Resource Query (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] Proposals/BEP-0004 added)
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 18:59:25 GMT
On 22/11/12 18:50, Peter Koželj wrote:
> Changing the tab also changes the columns displayed (based on what that
> resource supports).
> But we can do that with checkboxes as well (show intersection of columns)
> so maybe why not.
>
> At the end it comes down to what do you need more often.
> If we can come up with a way so that one does not need two clicks every
> time to switch from tickets to wikis for example,
> I welcome the idea.

I do agree with that. It would still be possible to have available
columns changing as you change the query, of course, but it seems to me
that this could be a bit confusing. I suspect that categorisation with
tabs would reduce confusion. Saying that, I am not an expert and I don't
mind seeing a few competing designs, as long as there is not too much
excess effort involved.

Cheers,
Gary