From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Improved Search Architecture - Quick Search Box (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] Proposals/BEP-0004 added)
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 15:59:27 GMT
On 22/11/12 14:20, Andrej Golcov wrote:
>> On a technical note, is there any reason to specify text~= for a general
> text query? I would have
>> thought that we could distinguish free text (as perhaps suggested below
> in the examples below.)
> Agreed and fixed the BEP accordingly.

I was hoping for a bit of a discussion around this point actually. I was
wondering whether I had missed some occasions where there is a
requirement for the ability to avoid ambiguity. In the end there is
always quoting and there should be a bracket notation so there may be no
requirement for text~= at all.

We will of course also require the ability to escape quoting and other
control characters within any new query language.

I would if there is much support for defining query languages any of the
suggested search backends.

Cheers,
     Gary