From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject widget macros (ticket #138)
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 16:56:04 GMT
Hi,

We have an old work item that appears not to have been discussed here.
For some reason it was considered controversial so I thought I would
bring it up here in order to decide how far to take it.

The full story is in https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/138
which intends to provide wiki macros for the widgets that are used on
the dashboard style views so that they can be used in any part of the
system that accepts wiki syntax. So, for example, a user could add a
widget displaying a list of tickets or a widget showing a summary of
tickets by resource.

Effectively this would provide the ability for users to create their own
dashboards - whether or not that is what we want to see is an
interesting question, but it seems more likely that people would just
make use of them on a more ad hoc basis.

I'll avoid advocating a particular decision too early as it would be
good to get some opinions and you may be able to change my mind on this
issue.

Cheers,
     Gary