From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Multi product enhancements
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2012 15:24:04 GMT
On 15/11/12 11:48, Branko ─îibej wrote:
> On 14.11.2012 12:36, Gary Martin wrote:
>> On 14/11/12 08:38, Olemis Lang wrote:
>>> fwiw ... I'm -1 about adding it soon ... maybe later
>> At the moment I am of the opinion that it is something we need to sort
>> out relatively quickly so that fewer people feel any pain of a transition.
> I'll presume to barge in with the opinion that this is not something you
> can add "maybe later" in a backward-compatible way, unless you plan to
> renumber all tickets in existing databases ... which would certainly get
> Bloodhound mentioned on /. but not in a nice way. :)
>
> -- Brane

Absolutely. For backwards compatibility we could maintain any gaps in
the numbering but I don't think that is particularly satisfying
solution. There appear to be a number of good reasons to allow for
continuous numbering within a product once you take potential imports
into account. Has anyone got any compelling arguments for why we should
not take this approach?

Cheers,
     Gary