From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.2 (incubating)
Date Mon, 12 Nov 2012 17:38:53 GMT
On 12/11/12 13:19, Branko ─îibej wrote:
> On 12.11.2012 13:25, Gary Martin wrote:
>> OK, when I looked closer at the Trac files it seems that they do
>> minify some of it after all. Are we happy to maintain this as another
>> difference between our copy of Trac and upstream?
> The important question is, are the files minified in the Trac
> repository, or in their release tarballs? If it's in the repo, well
> then, my interpretation is that you're just shipping Trac with a few
> patches (and I expect those patches aren't in the minified code). If
> it's just in the release tarballs, then I expect the upstream import
> went awry and needs to be fixed.
>
> -- Brane

It would appear that there is minified code direct in the Trac
repositories. See
http://trac.edgewall.org/browser/trunk/trac/htdocs/js/jquery.js for
instance.

I suspect we will need a few more opinions from IPMC members to be sure
that this argument is enough to make the problem go away. I don't
particularly want to have to maintain more differences from upstream but
I prefer to get the correct approach in place here.

Cheers,
     Gary