From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Ohloh page for Bloodhound
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 18:46:43 GMT
On 09.11.2012 15:37, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
> Thanks Ryan. I've expanded the profile a little bit further.
>
>> Is there a URL that always points to the latest download?
> There isn't yet, but I believe we should have a bloodhound-latest
> distribution file to fix that.
> Question: Can we do this without needing further approval from the IPMC or
> similar?

You should not rename tarballs to some "latest" kind of name, because
that's not what was signed and voted on. You can have a "latest stable
released version" link on the project page that points to the correct
download. You can also have a latest-stable symbolic link, but I have to
say I wonder why you'd want to have that instead of just posting a
single link the latest release tarball to the web site.

-- Brane

--
Branko ─îibej