From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Request for suggestions related to drop zone effects (show/hide overlay)
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 01:04:27 GMT
Hi !

In the last few days I've been building an advanced (multi-file , DnD)
attach form for Apache™ Bloodhound project [1]_ powered by
jQuery-File-Upload plugin since it's very similar to pre-existing mockups
[2]_ .

I've been able to customize web UI via javascript templates , and added a
drop zone [3]_ (/me dragging some files in there ;) , but I'm facing some
problems . The idea is that light blue overlay will be only shown when
files are dragged over the drop zone . Using dragover + drop events I am
able to display the overlay at the right time and make it disappear when
files are dropped and added to uploads list . Nonetheless I see no events
to make it disappear once mouse is not over drop zone surface and when drag
op is canceled .

Do you have any recommendations to get this done ? Am I missing some jQFU
event listener that might help ?

Any feedback will be much appreciated . If this subject is OT in this list
then please reply to project ML in Cc ( i.e.
bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org ) or add a comment in ticket page [1]_
, whatever you think is more appropriate .

Thanks in advance !

.. [1] Attach file form à la GMail
        (https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/ticket/195)

.. [2] Attach form mockups