From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Tests and CI (was: A word on Release 2)
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 18:42:57 GMT
On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 3:43 AM, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com>wrote:

> I am not sure if I am missing something but isn't selenium the usual tool
> for functional testing of web applications these days? And someone has just
> pointed out to me that twill's last release was in 2007.

I didn't realize the Twill project wasn't active, but not suggesting we use
it either; just noting that is what the Trac project uses. I found it to be
a bit burdensome to write even simple functional tests. I haven't worked
with Selenium, but it's obvious very popular. This looks pretty nice:
http://testutils.org/sst/. Apache licensed ;)