From Ryan Ollos <ryan.ol...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #229: Email change updates should show diffs, not full text
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 20:17:02 GMT
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 4:24 AM, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
>  * JIRA didn't seem to be doing any better than this until very recently:
> https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-25667

On second look, they may not have improved this at all. I read that ticket
very quickly and assumed that Status: Resolved, Resolution: Answered meant
that there was a fix. However, near the bottom of the ticket, they state: "We
are not currently looking at making improvements in this area in the near
future."

On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 7:35 AM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>
> I was actually thinking in first place of replacing old desc with diff
> and keeping new desc . The same actually for custom text fields .

I don't feel that strongly about my stated preference. I see either (or
any) approach as being better than what is done now, which for a long time
I've found to be an undesirable feature of Trac notifications.

On a related note, I'm trying to get development ramped back up on
AnnouncerPlugin, with the hope that it will be a viable alternative to the
core Trac notification system in the near future. It needs a few major
fixes at the moment for Trac 0.12+ issues.