From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #234: Quick Ticket: link to /newticket, description and priority
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 16:00:56 GMT
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com>wrote:

> On 17/10/12 12:03, Ryan Ollos wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com>**
>> wrote:
>>
>>  [...]
>>> are
>>> defined, should be available.
>>>
>>>  +1 ... having a user report a bug without a version is almost always
>> undesirable, so at least we should put the Version field right in front of
>> them.
>>

> It gets interesting where really you want to raise a bug against multiple
> versions but it is not the end of the world. The main thing is that there
> is a prompt for a primary version to raise against - further versions would
> probably be expected to be noted in the description and those dealing with
> the ticket could then determine whether further tickets are needed.

I was just thinking about the multiple versions per ticket (bug) support.
This needs to be formal and not just a in-comment or in-description text. I
have some ideas how we could go about this but it is off topic for this
ticket. I'll start a separate discussion on the subject at some point in
the fure (opening multiple unrelated tickets should be good enough at the
moment).