From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #234: Quick Ticket: link to /newticket, description and priority (was: Quick Ticket: Add visible link to full dialogue and Description field)
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 11:26:47 GMT
On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 12:33 PM, Apache Bloodhound <
bloodhound-dev@incubator.apache.org> wrote:

> #234: Quick Ticket: link to /newticket, description and priority
> --------------------------+---------------------
>   Reporter:  jdreimann    |      Owner:  nobody
>       Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
>  Component:  ui design    |    Version:
> Resolution:               |   Keywords:  starter
> --------------------------+---------------------
> Changes (by jdreimann):
>
>  * keywords:   => starter
>

> Old description:
>
> > ,, ... via ''Bloodhound'' quick create ticket dialog,,
>
> New description:
>
>  1. Currently the text {{{Create Ticket}}} in the Quick Ticket dialogue
>  links to the full [https://issues.apache.org/bloodhound/newticket
>  /newticket] page. Users can't be expected to know this. I believe we
>  should add some text to the {{{class="popover-title"}}} that links to the
>  dialogue instead - see the attached screenshot of a change I made locally.
>
>  2. The most common thing I find myself doing after using Quick Ticket is
>  to edit the resulting ticket to add a description. I believe we should
>  should provide a small description field in the Quick Ticket dialogue (3
>  rows?).

+1

>  3. Thinking about what we could expect the average user to know, we should
>  probably replace the **Version** dropdown with one for **Priority**. Few
>  users will actively scheduled tickets, while many will have some idea of
>  priority, even if it's just their own priority.
>
>  **The order of fields should then be:**
>  1. Summary
>  1. Description
>  1. Type
>  1. Component
>  1. Priority
>
>  As an aside, I would question whether component should be a default field,
>  happy to discuss this in the comments.

I think version needs to be there. For any ticket that is a bug, it is
important to know which version!
And for any project that does feature planning, version is important for
all ticket types.

Ideally this should be user configurable but we could also auto-hide any
fields for which there are no values defined (id a project does not use
components, don't show them).