From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #234: Quick Ticket: link to /newticket, description and priority
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2012 07:08:40 GMT
On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 6:15 PM, Joe Dreimann <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com
> wrote:

> On 17 Oct 2012, at 17:00, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com
> >wrote:
> >
> >> On 17/10/12 12:03, Ryan Ollos wrote:
> >> It gets interesting where really you want to raise a bug against
> multiple
> >> versions but it is not the end of the world. The main thing is that
> there
> >> is a prompt for a primary version to raise against - further versions
> would
> >> probably be expected to be noted in the description and those dealing
> with
> >> the ticket could then determine whether further tickets are needed.
> > I was just thinking about the multiple versions per ticket (bug) support.
> > This needs to be formal and not just a in-comment or in-description
> text. I
> > have some ideas how we could go about this but it is off topic for this
> > ticket. I'll start a separate discussion on the subject at some point in
> > the fure (opening multiple unrelated tickets should be good enough at the
> > moment).
>
> The most obvious answer or me would be to allow to select multiple
> versions in the field, similar to how Multiple Select works in the Chosen
> plugin:
> http://harvesthq.github.com/chosen/
>
> - Joe

Ticket needs to be resolved for each individual version separately.
So we would need at least status per version. Then it might be better if we
stick to ticket per version (as what you have to do now) but link the
tickets together with special relation type (when we have ticket relations
going). From the UI perspective, we could still allow for bulk create of
these tickets by selecting multiple versions in the version field.