From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #146: Inline editing of objects
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 08:29:09 GMT
I too am strongly against inline editing causing auto-save. Ticket
changes must be intended and atomical!
1. Tickets are versioned and this messes up the ticket history
2. Multiple ticket notifications get sent out
3. Any ticket statistics get incorrect
4. In bigger enterprise environments tracking systems are integrated with
other infrastructure, which means unintended inconsistencies are propagated
to other systems as well
5. Companies will offen grant their customers access to tracking system and
last person that I want to burdon with this, is my client.
6. If this works only for half of the tickt's fields, it is inconsistent!
And the problem will just be worse when we try to get rid of that "Modify"
section.

I do find the proposed concept appealing for things like user preferences
but even for that we would need to weight pros and cons.

Peter