From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #240: Create responsive html mockup of ticket (and other) views
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 06:21:49 GMT
On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 12:26 AM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

> ok , I'll wait until then . Feel free to commit further improvements
> even before finishing . We can discuss all the details once it will be
> finished
> ;)
>

> On 10/19/12, Joe Dreimann <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
> > Yep, I know of all those errors. It's not ready for prime time yet. I
> just
> > wanted to commit progress rather than waiting until its all done.
> >
> > When I'm done building it I'll close the ticket and we can discuss actual
> > implementation on the mailing list, until then it's probably best to
> comment
> > on the ticket.
> >
> > Thanks for your feedback though Olemis, I hadn't made my intention behind
> > the commit clear enough!
> >
> > - Joe
> >
> > ________________________
> > @jdreimann - Twitter
> > Sent from my phone
> >
> > On 19 Oct 2012, at 18:33, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Comments :
> >>
> >> 1. scrollspy nav is outside sticky panel => not as useful as it should
> >> 2. attachments form has been removed . that's somehow different to
> >>    what we are talking about for #195 .
> >> 3. considering comment:3 , do you expect attachments to be related to
> >>    comments rather than tickets ?
> >> 4. using some screen sizes Apps menu item is not shown inline , thus
> >>    breaking mainnav bar layout .
> >> 5. the same for activity widget . It turns out that the icon is included
> >>    in scrollspy nav even when widget still floats to the right .
> >> 6. as a consequence of [5]_ above scrollspy nav is not a one liner any
> >> more .
> >> 7. comment indicator and text overlap
> >>
> >> PS: /me performing a quick test on Opera 12.02 . there are other
> >> things I do like and were not mentioned before .

> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Olemis.
> >>
> >> Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
> >> Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/
> >>
> >> Featured article:
> >

> --
> Regards,
>
> Olemis.

> Featured article:

Joe,

this looks ok. I actually prefer this to what we have right now. As Olemis
already pointed out the "scrollspy" should definitely be inside the
sticky panel. It adjusts to my 4" phone screen pretty nicely too.

There are two things that bother me though:

1. The layout where everything is displayed at once in a single long page.
Where will the action like "Edit" be? I really really would not like to see
it among the scrollspy or above the title. And the end of the page can be a
long scroll down on a mobile phone.

2. There is something wrong with the way we do the sticky panel. I am not
able to pinpoint it exactly but it just feels weird and confusing. This is
even more noticeable on a mobile phone. Every time my mind goes: "WTF just
happend? Oh, that is that thing again..." It has probably something to do
with the fact that it seats in the middle of the page (versus the top) and
that the appearance changes when it is activated.

Peter