From Peter Koželj <pe...@digiverse.si>
Subject Re: Making Bloodhound's layout responsive [ticket #217]
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 11:53:37 GMT
Hi,

I welcome the idea of supporting mobile devices, it could definitely be one
of the differentiators.
At first glance it seems like it could work for desktop vs. tablet but for
phones, I would need to see it in action.

What I am a little worried is that the UI design would be driven by
implementing technology (what Bootstrap allows or makes easy).
It should be a direct opposite. We need to think outside the box and come
up with optimal designs for each device and only
then evaluate how to implement that. Be it by different Genshi templates or
Bootstrap's responsive layouts or something else entirely... (If this step
was already done, and this discussion is already a result of that
I apologize by being new at the project).

Can we afford to invest into experimental "ticket_for_smartphone" page
using this layout to see how it performs? Or at least create a HTML mockups
for each device type and see how they behave on actual devices?

Or how the Bootstrap's responsive layout documentation puts it: "Use media
queries responsibly and only as a start to your mobile audiences. For
larger projects, do consider dedicated code bases and not layers of media
queries."

Peter