From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #146: Inline editing of objects
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 16:33:29 GMT
>>> Does this mean that each change individually updates the ticket on the
>>> server? I thought that we would be going with users submitting all
>>> changes once they are happy with the new state of the ticket.
>>>
>> I would expect every radio button / drop down change to save immediately,

FWIW , that's the way it works now

>> users should only need to confirm textfields or similar where incomplete
>> information would be very likely if we save after every letter or when the
>> box loses focus.

Text and text area fields submit information on clicking Submit button
and cancel edits on blur and on ESC key pressed . Nonetheless the
later is the only way to cancel wiki text area edits because wiki
toolbar will not work if editor vanishes on blur .

> I don't like the inconsistency there. Personally I would store up the
> changes, marking which fields are altered in some way and provide a
> means to submit those changes as a set.

That's the way in-place editing works [1]_

.. [1] jEditable # How does in place editing work?
        (http://www.appelsiini.net/projects/jeditable)

--
Regards,

Olemis.