From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Making Bloodhound's layout responsive [ticket #217]
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 15:31:15 GMT
On 10/5/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
> Hi,

:)

[...]
> What I am a little worried is that the UI design would be driven by
> implementing technology (what Bootstrap allows or makes easy).
> It should be a direct opposite. We need to think outside the box and come
> up with optimal designs for each device and only
> then evaluate how to implement that. Be it by different Genshi templates or
> Bootstrap's responsive layouts or something else entirely... (If this step
> was already done, and this discussion is already a result of that
> I apologize by being new at the project).

that's a more expensive approach , which may even result in a parallel
WML implementation , maybe using automatic translations or other means
... that's TBD .

> Can we afford to invest into experimental "ticket_for_smartphone" page
> using this layout to see how it performs? Or at least create a HTML mockups
> for each device type and see how they behave on actual devices?

+1

> Or how the Bootstrap's responsive layout documentation puts it: "Use media
> queries responsibly and only as a start to your mobile audiences. For
> larger projects, do consider dedicated code bases and not layers of media
> queries."

yep , nonetheless maybe it's worth to try Joachim's suggestions as
that's the fastest path to succeed .

/me wants to see some HTML mockups ... s'il vous plaît ... ;)

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/