From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Datamodel and data consistency
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 08:28:53 GMT
On 10/25/12, Branko Čibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 25.10.2012 09:02, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> [...]
>>> That page was last updated 4 years ago. Are you seriously suggesting
>>> that referring this question to trac-dev@ will, after all this time,
>>> have any measurable effect?
>>>
>> yes , there are recent conversations where it was cited , especially
>> regarding post-Trac 1.0 schedule . Indeed multi-project proposal [1]_
>> is another example , last updated 3 y ago , and there's some recent
>> work on that direction [2]_ . It's worth to mention that target t-h.o
>> plugin seems to be intended to be incorporated into Trac at a given
>> time in the future . The spec is also the starting point (and
>> inspiration) for our own initial approach towards multi-product
>> support .
>
> I think it's a better approach to just implement these things the way
> they should be done, then propose patches to trac-dev. The other way
> around is going to take forever.

+1 ... that's why we have our own development branch towards this goal

> I won't describe the headache I got when I tried to reconcile the
> TracRelations proposal with relational data modelling principles, or
> abstraction layering principles.

well , it's more similar to other techs like non-relational DBs , BPMS
, ... indeed afaicr it is somehow based or some parts inspired on some
Java BPMS ... don't recall the details though . Such
decoupled/generic/abstract DB scenarios are quite common these days
... /me not saying they are always right , though

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/