From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tests and CI (was: A word on Release 2)
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 15:03:29 GMT
On 10/10/12, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 8:16 PM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>>
>> What do you mean exactly ? Something like using Gherkin (e.g. Lettuce)
>> to describe user stories ?
>>

> That's not what I had in mind, but I have a general idea of what you are
> talking about and also think that is a good idea to pursue at some point.

[...]

... or maybe not , that's what we need to figure out
;)

I mentioned Gherkin because I read «acceptance tests» in your previous
message . Most of the time this is associated with Ghenkin-like
framework , robot framework , PyFIT , or similar approaches (there's a
category in PythonTestingTaxonomy page if you want to know more about
this ;) . They are a bit different to what we'll need for functional
testing . That's why I asked . I just wanted to ensure we were using
the same vocabulary to refer to the same thing. Fortunately I
understand what you mean now
:)

>> If you mention that after reviewing Trac tests , yes ... Trac
>> unitest-style is a PITA ... that's why I wrote my own framework in the
>> end
>> ;)
>

> Well, I mention after having written some tests when submitting patches to
> the Trac core.

ok , jftr , I even know people who don't write tests for their plugins
just because it's a PITA . But anyway ...

I guess it wasn't all that bad, but I suspect there is
> framework that allows more concise and readable tests. I'm not discounting
> your way of doing it because I haven't taken a close look at what you've
> done with Twill yet,

... I'll adapt and use whatever you decide . that was jftr .
;)

--
Regards,

Olemis.