From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Datamodel and data consistency
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 08:02:04 GMT
On 10/24/12, Branko Čibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 25.10.2012 04:52, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> On 10/24/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:

[...]
>> This is what Trac-dev should be working towards regarding relations of
>> any kind between resources .
>>
>> http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/Proposals/TracRelations
>
> That page was last updated 4 years ago. Are you seriously suggesting
> that referring this question to trac-dev@ will, after all this time,
> have any measurable effect?

yes , there are recent conversations where it was cited , especially
regarding post-Trac 1.0 schedule . Indeed multi-project proposal [1]_
is another example , last updated 3 y ago , and there's some recent
work on that direction [2]_ . It's worth to mention that target t-h.o
plugin seems to be intended to be incorporated into Trac at a given
time in the future . The spec is also the starting point (and
inspiration) for our own initial approach towards multi-product
support .

Child was born years ago but still having the same DNA
;)

> There comes a point when you'll have to face the fact that Trac hasn't
> exactly been a hotbed of innovation and new developments recently.
> Which, I understand, happens to be one of the reasons for the existence
> of Bloodhound in the first place.

I guess that's the reason in first place , but maybe add to the list
«Trac-dev not joining the ASF» ...

.. [1] Multiple Projects within a Single Trac Environment
        (http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracMultipleProjects/SingleEnvironment)

.. [2] SimpleMultiProjectPlugin - Recent changes
        (http://trac-hacks.org/wiki/SimpleMultiProjectPlugin#RecentChanges)

--
Regards,

Olemis.