From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #230: On custom query screen, show recent queries by the users
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 16:13:37 GMT
> On 16/10/12 15:17, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> On 10/16/12, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>>> Names for queries/reports sounds reasonable. It is interesting to think
>>> how we might deal with providing wiki links for per-user defined
>>> queries.
>>>
>> just like reports links ?
>
> Is that a suggestion or a question?

both . I was suggesting custom queries can be saved and also asking
whether this would be ( ok | enough )
;)

> I'm just suggesting that query links
> that are referred to by a synonym provided by a user may have some
> interesting issues when attempting to share them. I don't mean to
> suggest that it is insurmountable of course.

... but if they become saved queries somehow ... then you already got
it => report links already there ;)

[...]
>>> To be able to have graphical
>>> representations of this data, with potentially arbitrary x and y axes
>>> would be great as well.
>> +1 ... an enhanced version of TracGVizPlugin might help with the part
>> of potentially arbitrary x and y axis .
>
> I am not sure that users will want their servers to be sending data to
> google. I think I would prefer to explore other solutions.

Yes , that's why I said «... an enhanced version of ...» because the
idea is to implement local js widgets , and reuse plugin architecture
to render Trac data in graphs .

>>> It would also be useful to be able to have
>>> reports that allow the setting of a variable, say for specifying a month
>>> so that you can use a single report to generate monthly reporting.
>>>
>> I'm not aware of all details in reports , but afaicr this was already
>> possible using report vars [1]_ ... isn't it ?
>>
>> .. [1] TracReports - Using Variables in a Query
>>
>> (http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracReports#UsingVariablesinaQuery)
>>

> Well, this is only part of the solution. In fact when you try it, at
> least in bloodhound currently, you require the variable to be set in the
> querystring. I am pretty much suggesting that we could have a view with
> a control to provide the ability to set that value.

now I get it .
;)

--
Regards,