From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dashboard ticket query ordering
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 15:27:11 GMT
On 10/5/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
> If we are only talking about ordering, why not just enhance the widgets so
> that if the user clicks on a column title, that is the field that the
> results are sorted by?

+1 ... we'll need them to become more AJAX-ready because IMO this
should happen without leaving dashboard page . Besides changing order
is not just about sorting the same rows displayed in first place but
the whole query result set .

If this has not been implemented before is just because there was no
much time available and there were other priorities . Indeed previous
mockups include similar features requiring dynamic updates , even if
not exactly sorting by field .

OTOH ... we shall see how to make this work with reports ... if not
already implemented , of course . We'll have to check that .

This , together with #146 and a few more tickets makes me wonder
whether we should be thinking in adding some generic RESTful
infrastructure , based on known APIs (e.g. XmlRpcPlugin) . This would
be quite important to implement dynamic AJAX widgets and speed up the
process .

> What is in dashboard definition would only be the
> default then.

+1

> In to long run we need user configurable dashboard

+1

> as well as user
> configurable widgets.

that's what #83 is for , afaicr .