From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #195: Make Attach file dialogue a popover
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 00:30:02 GMT
On 10/16/12, Ryan Ollos <ryan.ollos@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 16, 2012 at 9:03 AM, Olemis Lang <olemis@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

I read the whole msg , but I'll need some more time to process
everything in detail .

>  * (Possibly out of scope) When previewing a file for which there is no
> renderer available, or a file that exceeds mimeviewer: max_preview_size,
> the user is taken to a page where they are told that the file can't be
> previewed, and suggesting that they download it ("HTML preview not
> available, since no preview renderer could handle it. Try downloading the
> file instead.").

... but I wanted to say that this is related to the Mimeview API .
AFAICR trac-dev was implementing version 2 to cope with this kind of
issues after a request I made ( i.e. trac:ticket:3332 ) some time ago
when I attempted to convert data using that API and experienced the
same frustration .

So to be more precise ... this is not just about web UI . This is an
architectural constraint and target API will be upgraded by Trac-dev ,
not us . Then we'll reuse their work .

> Maybe we want to directly export (force the download) of
> these files?

-1

--
Regards,