From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #146: Inline editing of objects
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 04:53:03 GMT
On 10/4/12, Branko Čibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:
> On 05.10.2012 05:17, Olemis Lang wrote:
>> [...]
>>> As a user using a web application with the server 50 hops away with a
>>> 1.5 second ping time, I'd be very, very pissed off if every click I make
>>> generates a POST request to somewhere; even if it's an async XHR (even
>>> worse! then I don't know in what order the server actually receives the
>>> requests).
>>>
>> ... if you take a look at #146 attachments you'll notice that my first
>> proposal included submit button for select fields . I was told to
>> revert that .
>
> Hmm. "Told to" implies hierarchy.

... or respect to the opinions of the experts , and Joachim is the UI
expert . When I have radical objections to other people's thoughts and
ideas (e.g. on the subject of WikiMacros ) or even when I agree but
there are underlying technical decisions that make it impossible to
realize some ideas then I express my opinion . This time I don't think
it was the case . /me studying and learning about UI design , etc ...
but that's just work in progress . Hence most of the time I won't
criticize UI decisions beyond «evident» issues I might notice.

So to clarify my position , in this particular case i.e. #146 , I
declare myself a completely happy neophyte and *so far* I have no
strong arguments in favor or against any of both approaches . Please
get to an agreement . In the meantime , if I have something to say
I'll say it . Just let me know what needs to be done to continue work
needed to finish patches  for #146 , please .

;)

--
Regards,

Olemis.