From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] New release process
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 07:21:10 GMT
Too much process. Just make a release every N weeks. If something is done,
then it gets in. If not, then maybe it gets in the next release. Don't be
afraid to ship bugs because they will be fixed in two weeks in the next
release. This is not 1.0 -- there is no need to treat it with kid gloves.
Beat it up. If the release is total crap, then turn the crank and release
again a few days later.

Don't get so hung up on what is in/out. Just make releases. Continually and
repeatably.

The goal is activity, to build community.

There should be (IMO) goals about features at this point in time.

I disagree with the Eclipse numbering before 1.0. The project is not yet
managing feature releases. 0.2 then 0.3 ... Version numbers are cheap. Use
them.

Cheers,
-g