From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #223: Prepare ticket view for responsive layout
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 22:58:47 GMT
On 25/10/12 19:37, Olemis Lang wrote:
> Hi !
> :)
>
> On 10/25/12, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
> [...]
>> The breadcrumb for ticket related views really ought to be available for
>> other ticket related views too (dashboard and milestone)
> in the case of dashboard view I see no reason to include a link to self .

For me there is a conspicuousness of absence when it is there for other
views but you may be right. Though it would make sense to have it if the
other resource pages are always going to display their id or name as
part of the breadcrumb. I don't know think we want a link to self in
these cases unless someone has a use for that.

>> and for the
>> breadcrumb to link to the milestone page rather than a custom query
> I wonder what will be more useful . Nonetheless if tickets scheduled
> for a given milestone are listed in there then it all makes sense to
> me . The only thing I notice is that a different permission is needed
> to access milestone page rather than query (i.e. MILESTONE_VIEW vs
> TICKET_VIEW ) . Thus users navigating to milestone view using nav
> links in breadcrumbs area might be frustrated as they'll always get
> «forbidden» error message .

Very interesting.. the fact remains that we have these views so we
should really be using them when we can. Three possibilities spring to mind:

 1. stick with a query which is consistent between the situations
 2. choose to display the milestone page or the query depending on the
    granted permissions
 3. show our milestone page regardless but use the MILESTONE_VIEW
    permission to decide whether to render information about the
    milestone other than the ticket queries and the events.

I think I would go for the last of those options and it should work for
other milestone links too.

Cheers,
     Gary