From Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Datamodel and data consistency
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 08:10:29 GMT
On 25.10.2012 09:02, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 10/24/12, Branko Čibej <brane@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> On 25.10.2012 04:52, Olemis Lang wrote:
>>> On 10/24/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
> [...]
>>> This is what Trac-dev should be working towards regarding relations of
>>> any kind between resources .
>>>
>>> http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/Proposals/TracRelations
>> That page was last updated 4 years ago. Are you seriously suggesting
>> that referring this question to trac-dev@ will, after all this time,
>> have any measurable effect?
>>
> yes , there are recent conversations where it was cited , especially
> regarding post-Trac 1.0 schedule . Indeed multi-project proposal [1]_
> is another example , last updated 3 y ago , and there's some recent
> work on that direction [2]_ . It's worth to mention that target t-h.o
> plugin seems to be intended to be incorporated into Trac at a given
> time in the future . The spec is also the starting point (and
> inspiration) for our own initial approach towards multi-product
> support .

I think it's a better approach to just implement these things the way
they should be done, then propose patches to trac-dev. The other way
around is going to take forever.

I won't describe the headache I got when I tried to reconcile the
TracRelations proposal with relational data modelling principles, or
abstraction layering principles.

-- Brane

http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/download