From Branko Čibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Datamodel and data consistency
Date Thu, 25 Oct 2012 04:22:58 GMT
On 25.10.2012 04:52, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 10/24/12, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
>> Jure and I have been looking at the datamodel to see what would it take to
>> implement some of the enhancements that we have in mind.
>> Here are a couple of observations that pop up:
>>
>> 1. Parent/child relationships are not model by permanent ids but by names
>> (like version, milestone, product... name) that can be changed by user
>> through admin interface. A bit unusual but simple and eliminates the need
>> for joins when no additional data from the other entity is needed.
>>
> This is what Trac-dev should be working towards regarding relations of
> any kind between resources .
>
> http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracDev/Proposals/TracRelations

That page was last updated 4 years ago. Are you seriously suggesting
that referring this question to trac-dev@ will, after all this time,
have any measurable effect?

There comes a point when you'll have to face the fact that Trac hasn't
exactly been a hotbed of innovation and new developments recently.
Which, I understand, happens to be one of the reasons for the existence
of Bloodhound in the first place.

-- Brane

http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/download