From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Bloodhound 0.2 (incubating)
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 15:22:10 GMT
On 24/10/12 15:32, Branko ─îibej wrote:
> On 24.10.2012 15:27, Gary Martin wrote:
>>> P.S.: I'm a bit confused about the status of our trac tree. We make it
>>> part of the (signed) source release, but do we have a code grant for it?
>>> If we do, why isn't our copy licensed under ALv2? If we don't, how come
>>> we're including it in the release tarball?
>>
>> Actually I have no idea about whether there is a code grant but, as
>> far as I am aware, that would only change the license, not our ability
>> to distribute.
> Yes, I'm confused about this distinction myself, which is why I'm
> raising the question and hoping someone competent sees it and answers it. :)
>
> -- Brane

Well, I am very confident that we are fine to use this approach.. partly
as I believe that this was considered at the last release, and partly
because I can't see a specific distinction between this and distributing
jQuery and Bootstrap. Well.. at least I can't see a distinction that
matters. The difference is that we provide a patched version for Trac
rather than vanilla copies but all three are listed in the NOTICE and
LICENSE files.

However, there is one aspect of this that interests me. Given that we
maintain a patched version of Trac, it would be good to know if there
are any changes that we should make to keep this clear directly in the
NOTICE and/or LICENSE files.

Cheers,
     Gary