From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject ticket associated with multiple versions (Was: Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #234: Quick Ticket: link to /newticket, description and priority)
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 17:40:05 GMT
On 17/10/12 17:15, Joe Dreimann wrote:
> On 17 Oct 2012, at 17:00, Peter Koželj <peter@digiverse.si> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com>wrote:
>>
>>> On 17/10/12 12:03, Ryan Ollos wrote:
>>> It gets interesting where really you want to raise a bug against multiple
>>> versions but it is not the end of the world. The main thing is that there
>>> is a prompt for a primary version to raise against - further versions would
>>> probably be expected to be noted in the description and those dealing with
>>> the ticket could then determine whether further tickets are needed.
>> I was just thinking about the multiple versions per ticket (bug) support.
>> This needs to be formal and not just a in-comment or in-description text. I
>> have some ideas how we could go about this but it is off topic for this
>> ticket. I'll start a separate discussion on the subject at some point in
>> the fure (opening multiple unrelated tickets should be good enough at the
>> moment).
> The most obvious answer or me would be to allow to select multiple versions in the field,
similar to how Multiple Select works in the Chosen plugin:
> http://harvesthq.github.com/chosen/
>
> - Joe

Sorry to start the new thread early Peter.. It is not a high priority at
the point but I am happy to discuss while it is fresh in my mind.

In my case, I am not so much concerned with how it looks as much as how
it would be supported by the model. Depending on the way things
currently work, we might want to use a fresh field rather than subvert
the use of the current version field.

I would not be restricting this to bugs, by the way. Tasks and
enhancements are equally valid in this discussion where a project is
maintaining multiple versions of a product.

Perhaps off topic again but.. Given this ability to be a part of
multiple versions, would it be appropriate to offer the possibility of
generating tickets for the individual versions, perhaps with the new
tickets as sub tickets of the original?

Cheers,
     Gary