From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #230: On custom query screen, show recent queries by the users
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:40:46 GMT
On 16/10/12 15:17, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 10/16/12, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>> Names for queries/reports sounds reasonable. It is interesting to think
>> how we might deal with providing wiki links for per-user defined queries.
>>
> just like reports links ?

Is that a suggestion or a question? I'm just suggesting that query links
that are referred to by a synonym provided by a user may have some
interesting issues when attempting to share them. I don't mean to
suggest that it is insurmountable of course.

>> I don't think that we should be repurposing the Reports section, rather
>> we should be expanding the purpose.
> +1
>
>> To be able to have graphical
>> representations of this data, with potentially arbitrary x and y axes
>> would be great as well.
> +1 ... an enhanced version of TracGVizPlugin might help with the part
> of potentially arbitrary x and y axis .

I am not sure that users will want their servers to be sending data to
google. I think I would prefer to explore other solutions.

>> It would also be useful to be able to have
>> reports that allow the setting of a variable, say for specifying a month
>> so that you can use a single report to generate monthly reporting.
>>
> I'm not aware of all details in reports , but afaicr this was already
> possible using report vars [1]_ ... isn't it ?
>
> .. [1] TracReports - Using Variables in a Query
>          (http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracReports#UsingVariablesinaQuery)

Well, this is only part of the solution. In fact when you try it, at
least in bloodhound currently, you require the variable to be set in the
querystring. I am pretty much suggesting that we could have a view with
a control to provide the ability to set that value.

Cheers,
     Gary