From Branko ─îibej <br...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] New release process
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 15:42:03 GMT
On 08.10.2012 17:21, Gary Martin wrote:
> I can agree with the monthly release as a good idea in principle but I
> don't think that the meaningful milestones idea is that useful.
>
> I still want to see a milestone used to decide on a reasonable amount
> of work to do towards a given release. Feature development would
> essentially be cross milestone in this model. The component system may
> work well enough for that at the moment. The scope of the work
> expected for a given release is not made any more predictable by using
> milestones as cross-release categorisation.
>
> Personally I am hoping for a little more discipline from those who
> like to add more and more tickets to the active milestone.

No one should be bound by what's in an issue tracker (even if it's used
as a project planning tool). A release happens when the PMC decides one
is ready. Formal process is important for the release rollout itself;
anything else are just guidelines.

-- Brane

http://www.wandisco.com/subversion/download