From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: [Apache Bloodhound] #146: Inline editing of objects
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 15:59:36 GMT
On 04/10/12 16:54, Joachim Dreimann wrote:
> On 4 Oct 2012, at 12:01, Gary Martin <gary.martin@wandisco.com> wrote:
>>> On 03/10/12 20:50, Olemis Lang wrote:
>>>    - Decide how to notify in-place modifications (verbose vs quiet ,
>>> configurable ? , ...)
>> Does this mean that each change individually updates the ticket on the server? I
thought that we would be going with users submitting all changes once they are happy with
the new state of the ticket.

> I would expect every radio button / drop down change to save immediately, users should
only need to confirm textfields or similar where incomplete information would be very likely
if we save after every letter or when the box loses focus.

> Joe

I don't like the inconsistency there. Personally I would store up the
changes, marking which fields are altered in some way and provide a
means to submit those changes as a set.

Cheers,
     Gary