From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject dashboard ticket query ordering
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 14:53:52 GMT
Hi,

As I understand it, we want the dashboard view to show a list of tickets
that is likely to be interesting to the viewer. In order to focus in we
will probably need additional plugins for watched tickets, ticket due
dates and so on. However, given that these plugins could be turned off
or ignored, we should probably already be looking at making sure that we
have a reasonable order for the tickets.

At the moment the queries are in ticket created order and the main way
that this is mitigated is that we have one list of "My Tickets" and one
for "Active Tickets". I was wondering whether we could order the tickets
by milestone due date while we don't have ticket due dates but this
appears to require a custom report. Secondary ordering should probably
be by ticket priority for the moment.

Does this sound reasonable for now?

Cheers,
     Gary