From Gary Martin <gary.mar...@wandisco.com>
Subject Re: Making Bloodhound's layout responsive [ticket #217]
Date Thu, 04 Oct 2012 13:57:37 GMT
On 03/10/12 19:06, Olemis Lang wrote:
> On 10/3/12, Joachim Dreimann <joachim.dreimann@wandisco.com> wrote:
>
>> My suggestion is to enable it using an opt-in mechanism in the Admin
>> settings of any Bloodhound deployment, showing a clear 'Responsive layout
>> beta' banner at the top of pages where the responsive stylesheet is in use.
>>
> There's a suggestion about how this could be done ... **IF** a generic
> translation is possible at stream filters level .

If we are trying to get to something close to the wide view in the
pre-responsive layout considerations, I am not sure that we need much
extra at the stream filters level. For the purposes of responsiveness
(that is dynamically responding to changes in width), would it be better
for this to be handled in js and css? I could of course be
misunderstanding your point.

I wonder how much of a need there will be for opt-in and beta banners
for this as well but I look forward to finding out.

>> Responsive Ticket view
>> mockup<https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7hlp2n01ntwqfa/Bloodhound%20responsive%20ticket%20layout.png>

Is there a place for reply and edit buttons on comments (assuming that
these are still required). I can imagine that some kind of click event
could bring up a small context menu for these if space is at a premium
but I am not sure that would work well on touch screen devices.

Cheers,
     Gary