From John Chambers <cham...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OSX installation (Was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 incubating Released)
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2012 09:14:31 GMT

> It would be nice if we could find a way to get rid of the need for the
> command line tools install. I think it is probably a virtualenv issue and
> so, strictly speaking, is not a hard requirement. Should we encourage
> people trying Bloodhound out on OSX to skip this or recommend a different
> way of isolating their python environments?

I am no python expert but I would think we need to make the installation as
painless as possible which does mean we need to make it easy to uninstall
as well. We should also make the installation process OS agnostic if at all
possible. I will take a look around at how other python projects deal with
installation, unless you have already done this exercise. If you want me to
look at something in particular then let me know.

Cheers

John Chambers