From John Chambers <cham...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OSX installation (Was: Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bloodhound 0.1.0 incubating Released)
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 14:03:05 GMT
If using virtualenv is a hard requirement for the basic running of
Bloodhound then we just need to document, that on OSX we have a dependancy
on the xcode command line tools. Unless we can find a way around this. I am
neither an expert on OSX or python (yet).

As for the wide issue of providing installer packages I agree with Ian that
these are normally provided outside of the main project along with
providing support and other ancillary services. But we still need to
provide the instruction to get Bloodhound up and running as quickly and
easily as possible, with the least impact on the users existing system.