From Olemis Lang <ole...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal of pending tasks for beginners WAS: #187: Remove row count and results pagination from Dashboard (Was: Re: Trying to get started on Bloodhound development)
Date Fri, 21 Sep 2012 14:29:57 GMT
> Could do but I am not sure that we should even list the higher priority
> work there. Would it put potential contributors off by making them feel
> that they would have more pressure on them when they are just finding
> their feet in the project?

ok , leave it out ... ;)
what about order by milestone due date , if set ? Would a similar
argument still be valid ?

> I also would prefer to not have the pagination - it is suffering from a
> similar problem to the pagination on the dashboard. Why would you want
> to show only 5 tickets at a time when you hit the query page view?

That's not something we can control afaics . It's not the widget what
you are embedding in there . You are using built-in TracQuery macro .
Notice that there's no Bootstrap styling in that table .

If we only had WidgetMacro installed in the issue tracker (/me hoping
this will happen after releasing 0.2.0 ;) then something like this
will make it look the way we want to

[[WidgetMacro(TicketQuery, max=5,
query='status=!closed&keywords=~starter&owner=nobody, max=5',
title=Tasks for beginners, _wo_altlinks=false)]]

... although in this case I'd include alt links so that people would
be able to subscribe to an RSS feed and be notified of new tasks for
beginners . That'd be nice to have in this case .

> Hmm, I have just thought of another alternative to dropping pagination
> if it affects this too. Perhaps it would be simpler to provide some kind
> of extension to the query language to limit the query to the first N
> tickets.

... if there's no such thing at the moment ... I don't recall

--
Regards,

Olemis.

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/